“Each person should do as he has decided in his heart – not out of regret or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make every grace overflow to you, so that in every way, always having everything we need, you may excel in every good work.”
2 Corinthians 9:7,8
Members of St. Michael’s contribute to the life and work of the church in many different ways. Whilst the information below relates to financial giving, other pages on this site explain the variety of ways you can get involved and contribute to St. Michael’s many different ministries.
There are two main ways to do this:
- By setting up a standing order with your bank.
- By using weekly collection envelopes, handed in each Sunday.
Other ways to give
- An offering is taken at all Sunday services. (If you are a taxpayer then we can increase the value of your gift by 25% if you use a yellow ‘gift-aid’ envelope and authorise us to reclaim the tax you’ve already paid.)
- If you would like to send us a cheque or a giving voucher, please make it payable to St Michael’s Church.
- You can also make a donation via the PayPal link.
Tax Efficient Giving (for regular giving)
If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid declaration if you have not done so already. The benefit to St Michael’s is that it can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 25p for each pound given. (If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.)
Give as you Live:
If you shop online, please consider signing up to Give as you Live and nominating Parish of Aberystwyth Parochial Church Council as your chosen charity. A percentage of your online shopping will be given to the church at no additional cost to you.
Sign up here to Give as you Live via this link and it will generate an extra £5 for church.
If you have any questions on these or other ways of giving, please contact the Finance Coordinator on 01970 617184, or write to: St Michael’s Church, Laura Place, Aberystwyth. SY23 2AU